Attention all applicants: The Liberian Consulate in Minnesota is now processing and Issuing visas.
Consular section Hours
Mondays: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Wednesdays: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Fridays: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling
- One (1) valid passport with at least six (6) months validity and above when applying for visa.
- Two (2) recent color passport size photos (must be taken in front of plain white background, please remove all glasses, hats, winter apparels, no sleeveless clothing)
- Copy of round-trip airline ticket or itinerary.
- Processing fees: please see chart below.
- Payable in Money Order ONLY, payable to Liberian Embassy.
- Applicants outside the United States of America need to purchase Money Order from an American affiliated bank.
- Same-day processing fees for visa is an additional seventy-five dollars ($75). (All same-day applications must be dropped off before 1:00 p.m. CT for pickup between the hours of 3-4:00 p.m. CT.
- Next-day processing fees for visa is an additional Fifty Dollars ($50)
A Complete Visa Application Form
- Yellow Fever Vaccination record is Required. (Yellow Book). It is required for entry into Liberia.
- (For Business Only Visa) Any person(s) travelling for business (Business Visas are for those people who are doing business, work with NGOs, Churches, Internships and other related category if they are doing some work (paid or unpaid as volunteers) ) must present a letter assuming financial responsibility from the company or organization. For all other visas ( Non-Tourist Visas), applicants need an invitation letter, stating who you are visiting and purpose of trip.
- There is a wait period of ten (10) business days for visa processing. NOTE: The fees are as follow;
- Same-Day Processing an additional $75 per document (must submit before 1:00 p.m. CT and please take note that pickup will be between 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. CT the same day. If you submit after 1:00 p.m. CT your pickup will be next business day.
- Next-Day Processing is an additional $50 per document.
- Applicants are advised to apply within 3 weeks of their travel date.
- Applicants need not apply in person.
- If processing a visa on behalf of an applicant , a signed authorized from the applicant stating name of person permitted to drop-off / pick-up must be presented upon applying for the Visa and a copy of your ID will be required.
- Applicants who reside within the Midwest region of the USA mus send / use a United States Postal Service (USPS) self-stamped addressed envelop (Priority Express Mail) together with all requirements in order to ensure the return of the processed document(s).
VISA FEES: PAYABLE IN MONEY ORDER ONLY
|United States Citizens||1 Year||$160.00|
|All Other Nationals||1 Year||$150.00|
|All Other Nationals||2 Years||$250.00|
|All Other Nationals||3 Years||$350.00|
|All Other Nationals||1-3 Months||$70.00|
Birth Certificates & Laissez Passer
5201 16th St NW
Washington DC 20011
Liberian Consulate NY
228 E 45th Street, Suite 601
New York, NY 10017